Mitchell Machine Shop
The business got its start in the mid-1950’s when the original owner, Morris Mitchell was operating a machine shop south of Burley called Mitchell Machine Shop. Morris found himself without water one day and called a popular local pump outfit to remedy the problem. After a couple days they showed up and got the water going and handed him a bill that he felt was exorbitant given the poor service and the actual work done. Morris figured he had the tools and the know-how to do what they had done, but that he could do it at a fair price and provide first-class service to boot. The pump business was born.